Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wall Street Journal Article

This was in today’s WSJ newspaper (see link below). I wouldn’t write about it here unless I thought it worth passing on. I’d suggest reading the article first and then watching the online video. It caught my attention because it had themes that are in common with my own life: Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Cancer, and even Cognitive Dissonance (I wrote about that concept in a blog entry a few weeks ago). It may also be a good lesson for all of us. Maybe we should all write our “Final Speech.” And as we age, we can refine or re-write it.

A Beloved Professor Delivers The Lecture of a Lifetime

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119024238402033039.html?mod=home_personal_journal_left

For those that are interested enjoy the article.

P.S. Yes, I know I said yesterday that I probably wouldn’t be updating my blog for a week, but this really caught my attention.

No comments: