Sunday, February 10, 2008

Duration Test

A friend of mine told me a few years ago that having cancer and treating it was more like the challenges one faces in running a marathon than in running a sprint. It’s basically a long drawn out process. That is not true in every case (some people become cured and some people die quickly from the disease), but it sure is true in my case. It’s been a tough weekend. I’ve been under the weather. Severe headache, nausea, chills, and skin/muscle tightness in places where I was treated with radiation and surgery. It’s similar to having flu like symptoms. However, I don’t have any fever and therefore don’t think that I have the flu. It’s probably chemo related, but I’m not sure. The symptoms began on Friday night and are continuing though tonight (Sunday). It’s disappointing because my last IV treatment was 2.5 weeks ago and up until Friday night, the side effects had been relatively minor, some fatigue and neuropathy (feet/toe numbness). It’s times like this where one has to just lay back and hope that the discomfort fads quickly and that tomorrow will be a better day. Bottom line, this cancer stuff is just plain old tiring right now.

That’s all for now. Thanks for checking in. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Ed, I stumbled on your blog today and just wanted to send out a cheer for you from the side lines. Your on another one of those damn hills they put in this marathon we run. Just know there are folks on the side routing you on! Keep plugging away and moving forward. It's great to see you blogging, I know it helped me while I was running my race. Stay positive and strong, you will win this race! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. - Steve