Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Day at the Cancer Center

It was a good day at the cancer center today. I had 4 appointments. I had my blood drawn in preparation for meeting with my chemo doctor, met with a nurse psychologist to discuss my current mental outlook, and then saw my chemo doctor. There was zero downtime. Every appointment went like clockwork. My doctor said I looked great, my lungs are clear (I was a bit concerned given this flu-like illness I’ve had for the past two weeks), and he did not see or feel anything suspicious. I asked what he thought about giving me an additional week off before I receive another chemo treatment such that I could further recover from this flu-like illness. He thought it would be a great idea with minimal risk. He also wants me to move to an every 4 week IV treatment cycle from the current 3 week cycle. So, although it means going back down there next Wednesday, I really look forward to the reprieve in this week’s chemo treatment. With my chemo for the afternoon cancelled, I took the opportunity to visit with a friend in the cancer lab. We had a terrific catch up. I left the house at 10:00 AM and was home by 3:30 PM. How great is that? We must enjoy the victories when they happen.

Take care everyone.

P.S. Don’t forget to watch The Truth About Cancer airing at 9:00 PM ET on PBS tonight. It will be a good show.

No comments: