Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tumor tissue donation: Should you consent?


I have been doing some volunteer work at my cancer center during the past year. It doesn't involve a lot of time, maybe one to two days per month. But, I love the work. Most recently, I helped them review their tumor tissue acquisition process. My role in this was to provide a patient perspective on their process.

The cancer center published an entry on their Cancerwise blog website yesterday. Hopefully, this entry provides some insight into why donating a tumor tissue sample, whether for personalized cancer treatment or for the advancement on the science of curing cancer, is something one should consider if asked.

A link to that blog entry is as follows:

By the way, I do draft these articles, but the communications staff at the cancer center adds a touch to them that I really admire. I'd like to thank the MD Anderson Communications staff for their thoughtful additions and edits.

Ed Steger


online charity donations said...

Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!

graphic design service said...

Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say.