Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chemo Cycle 6 Round 2

Before jumping into this reading, please see short survey to the right of this posting and the blog introduction added on August 12 2007.

It is 4:30 AM and I’m feeling a bit better than anytime in the past 3 days. Something really knocked me for a loop on Saturday through to last night. It could have been the chemo. Or, it may be a flu or virus going around. Or some combination of the two. I don’t know. But whatever it has been has made me absolutely miserable. I did distract myself by reading the majority of a non-fiction book about Theodore Roosevelt, “The River of Doubt.” The book is a fascinating recount about his exploration of an unchartered 1000 mile section of the Amazon jungle rainforest less than 100 years ago. He did this after his presidency in the early 1900s. This is a recommended read.

Given how I have been feeling, I’m leaning toward delaying today’s chemo treatment. I’ve never done that before, but I don’t think I can face another set of days like the past few days. I’ll meet with my chemo doctor this afternoon and we’ll decide together what’s best. Once again, the ability to plan has been disrupted. That is a common theme in Cancer World.

No comments: