Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Chemo Countdown Continues – 16 days

A few brief items before launching into how I did yesterday. I mention them first because they are more important than how I did. I continue to be amazed and inspired by others people’s generosity. I learned yesterday that a friend is taking a week off of work and has volunteered to be a counselor at a camp for kids with Muscular Dystrophy next week. He flew out last night and is very excited about and committed to helping make sure these kids have a terrific week. I applaud him for giving something back to the community and his generosity. On the closer to home front, I’ve needed some extra help the last few days. Friends have driven me to the doctors, chauffeured my daughter and her friends to places, made us dinner, visited, and stayed in contact with me via e-mail and phone. I still find it a bit difficult to talk on the phone, but love the contact. So, thank you for all the help and the giving.

So, how did I do yesterday? Pretty well and rated myself a 6. A 6 means I was fatigued, but not ill. It also means I have lost some independence. For example, I won’t drive at a 6 level; it’s not worth the risk to others or me.

I changed the graph slightly and got rid of the number of days until the chemo effects diminish. It’s easy to see that number in the title of the day’s blog (i.e., 16 for today) and by getting rid of that number on the graph, it better highlights the expected and actual feeling index bars.

I had a good night’s sleep and am looking forward to a pretty good day today. There’s an okay golf match on TV, but nothing that big in golf is happening until the US Open in mid June outside of Pittsburgh at Oakmont. Pittsburgh is one of the 4 places I have lived in my life. All the big guns will be out for that match. It seems like most of them are currently taking some time off, at least from the US tour. Alan Greenspan went public with his opinion on the Chinese economy two days ago. I’m not really a fan of Mr. Greenspan’s. I don’t know if the Chinese economy is overheated as he says or not, but I think its time for him to disappear from the public eye. The stock market continues to act in an erratic manner. I follow the market pretty closely on a daily basis and the factors that move the market up and down continue to amaze me. That’s it for today, take care.

No comments: