Friday, May 25, 2007

The Chemo Countdown Continues – 17 days

Well, yesterday wasn’t quite as good as I had hoped. My projection was a 7 on the 1 to 10 scale. A 7 means I should be out of bed and getting around relatively easily without help. There were parts of the day that were a 7, but there were also about 4 hours that rated a 2. A 2 means I was downright feeling ill. So, overall, I give the day a 5. That 5 is reflected on the chart as the darker maroon colored bar for 5/24/07. (Note, one can double click on the graph to enlarge it.) I’m now 2 weeks away from a new series of tests (both PET and CT) and 3 weeks away from finding out how effective this treatment has been. I look at the next 3 weeks as an endurance contest. The participants are me, my cancer, and my treatment. I can still feel the one small lymph node in my neck, but it has not changed in size and no new lymph nodes have appeared that one can feel. There is a chance that the node is dead tissue. That may be wishful thinking, but we won’t know that until the test results are in 3 weeks from now or the surgery to remove the lymph nodes is conducted. If surgery is done, that would take place about 4 to 5 weeks from now. That’s it for today. Take care everyone.

No comments: