Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Biopsy Results… Positive

I’ll keep this short. My biopsy result from last Friday was positive for squamous cell carcinoma. This is the Head and Neck cancer I’ve been fighting for 2.5 years. I’m being referred to the phase I group at my cancer center. This is the group that is on the cutting edge with experimental treatments. The standard and customized treatments I have undergone have failed to cure me of this disease. We’re shooting for a set of meetings one week from today on Wednesday October 17th. I’ll meet with the experimental group, my chemo doctor, and my surgeon. Between now and then, there is really nothing more that can be done. I’m sorry to have to share this crummy news with you all, but I’m assuming you’re reading this to stay up with my situation and there you have it. I really have no more information to provide at this time.

Thanks again for your support and stay well.

No comments: