Sunday, October 14, 2007

Separating the wheat from the chaff

Not much has happened since my last blog entry. My appointments are set at the cancer center for Monday (Phase I group) and Wednesday (Chemo and Surgeon). My fear is that they will not have any next steps, reasonable or otherwise. That fear is shared by my wife. What does one do when one of the best cancer centers in the world runs out of options? That question will be forefront on my mind for the next 3 days.

I’ve more than less decided against a treatment at an outside small cancer clinic in Houston. There is too much negative press on the web about the clinic and its practices. I’m guessing this doctor has helped some people and believes in what he is doing, but he doesn’t have the credentials. Also, he doesn’t follow the FDA rules when he could, he breaks them. One could argue that he does this so that he can treat and cure more patients; one could also argue that he does this for his own personal financial gain. When in desperate times like this, it’s difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I’ll let you all know what happens at my cancer appointments later this week.

Take care everyone.

1 comment:

justme519 said...

Dear Ed, I had to be gone last week and am now catching up on the blog. I don't know what to say. "I'm sorry" is so inadequate. I'll also be anxious to hear what clinical trial is all about. Until then know that I pray daily for you and your family.