Friday, September 28, 2007

Darn!

My doctor called a few minutes ago. He circled back to the radiologist about that small new growth on my face that popped up last Friday. The CAT scan showed a small inflammation. To play it safe, they want me to come in next week, probably early in the week, and perform an ultrasound (painless) and do a needle biopsy (painful). That means sticking a needle into the side of my face at the top of my jaw bone and drawing fluid from the area. It feels hard to me, so I'm not sure how they expect to draw fluid, but that's the plan. I know they just want to be cautious, which is good, but I'm understandably disappointed. Up until a few minutes ago, my next appointment at the cancer center wasn't for about 5 to 6 weeks. I'll get over it, but thought I would share the news. There are many ups and downs in Cancer World. The one thing of certainty in this World is uncertainty.

Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Dad/Will said...

Ed..Saw your latest blog entry...Fran was with me and showed me how to do this!She also prepared me for the less than good news..your uncertainty blog comments are made to lessen the impact of such news but it doesn"t really do that much...I hope we occasiinally have that problemevery year for 35 or more years..Bestlove I have to give!dad

justme519 said...

Dear Ed, Well "Darn" seems to sum things up. I know that your let down to have to have a procedure so quickly. I do think you'll feel better after they (Dr.'s) look into the lump a little further. I will be thinking and praying for you. I do always but, I'll say an extra prayer a day until you let us know the results. Until then I'm wishing you continued healing.
Respectfuly,
Tanya